Sure, chocolate eggs are delicious, but you know what’s just as delicious (and quite a bit more nutritious)? My double chocolate Easter cookies!
It’s time for a little indulgence Team.
Double Choc Easter Cookies (makes 16-20 cookies)
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup Isowhey Wholefoods protein powder
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs (or dark chocolate pieces)
1/4 cup Norbu sweetener
1/4 cup IsoWhey Wholefoods Organic Maca, Cacao + Mesquite Powder
2 heaped tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
3. Whisk eggs and combine with coconut oil and vanilla extract
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients
5. Refrigerate mixture for 20-30 minutes
6. Place a sheet of baking paper on baking tray
7. Roll mixture into balls and place on tray, gently pressing with fork to partially flatten
8. Bake for 7-10 minutes, but be sure to keep an eye on them!
These cookies make an awesome last minute Easter gift. And you don’t even have to cook them yourself – simply layer the dry ingredients in a jar and present to your favourites!
Happy Easter Team, I hope you’re spending it with the ones you love.
p.s I put this recipe together using my fave Isowhey Wholefoods products. For a little extra inspiration, check out more healthy Easter treats here.