My name is Jessica and I am addicted to chocolate muesli. I swear I didn’t used to love chocolate this much… in the ‘which would you choose first – lollies, ice cream, chocolate or chips?’ game (that I’m hoping everyone else plays or now I just sound weird), chocolate was always sitting down the bottom at number four. But now it’s all I can do to keep my dirty mitts out of the jar it’s kept in. Try it for yourself and you’ll understand why…
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup puffed rice
1/3 cup shredded/flaked coconut
1/3 cup mixed raw nuts (I went with almonds and walnuts this time)
2 dessert spoons coconut oil
2 dessert spoons honey
20-30 grams good quality dark chocolate, shaved
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat your wok on the stove at a low heat. Add oats and spread into a thin layer, allowing them to toast for 2 minutes.
2. Add the coconut oil and salt. Continue toasting the oats for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the honey and stir to coat.
4. Once the oats look toasty, add the nuts, coconut, dates and puffed rice. Continue to cook over a low heat until the mixture is looking toasty, but be careful not to let the puffed rice burn.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Before completely cool, mix through the chocolate, allowing it to coat the mixture (but leaving some delicious chocolate chunks in there so you get a nice surprise later).
Sprinkle on yoghurt or ice cream, add it to poached fruit or pour it straight from the jar into your mouth. No judgement here Team.